a) About the Institute:
Government Degree College, Longtharai Valley was established on 15th June, 2012 in Mainama, Dhalai, Tripura-799275 within the Sub-Division of Longtharai Valley. The college is affiliated to Tripura University (A Central University) and functioned by Department of Higher Education, Government of Tripura, Tripura. The college is also recognized by UGC under 2 (f) & 12(B) of the UGC Act 1956. The college is situated nearby the Sub-Divisional Magistrate Office, Longtharai Valley, towards the east from NH44 and 7 km away from Manu railway station. Moreover, the primary Sub Divisional hospital, Police Station and Court is also situated nearby the college. The College has been functioning with introduction of Arts Subjects of B.A (Honours) in the subjects of Bengali, History and Political Science and B.A Pass Course in the subjects of Bengali, English, Education, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Kokborok and Computer Science & Engineering. The college has different cells for better qualitative education and also for good opportunities in placements. The college has well equipped facilities such as Library, Computer Centre, Smart Classrooms, Sports and Cultural Activities, Internet Facility, hostel, training and placement cell, anti-ragging, Sexual harassment cell, canteen etc.
b) Vision, Mission & Core Values:
Vision: Government Degree College, Longtharai Valley will provide excellent qualitative educational opportunities to India as well as for world to the needs of the community and help students meet in economic, social, and environmental challenges to become active participants in future.
- To provide qualitative education to country in the area of general courses of Arts, Commerce, Science and Technology.
- To prepare and provide students for higher studies in colleges and universities.
- To offer technological services and support for students, faculty, and staff.
- To introduce research activities and innovations to staffs and faculties.
- Deliver programs and awareness activities to improve learning outcomes and learning skills.
- To provide extracurricular activities for enhancing and enriching knowledge of students.
- To conduct community education programs to encourage the learning in every steps of life.
- To collaborate with local high schools and colleges for better learning outcomes.
- To participate in occupational certificates and awards for career preparation and achievements.
- To knowing or customized training programs for institute-industry linkage.
- To increase career development support for students, faculty, and staff through career exploration, counselling, job preparation, job opportunities, and academic and classified staff development.
Student Focus: Communicate and meeting with the needs of students for qualitative outcomes and their destinations aims.
Respect: Understanding the gifts and unique contributions with the effect of respect from teachers and others staffs and also used in future steps.
Excellence: The pursuit of Excellence gives individuals to challenge themselves to utilize their natural gifted intellect.
Collaboration: Collaborate the knowledge, collaborate the activities in various fields enhance the knowledge and activities of students and staffs in nation.
Compassion: Compassion demands understanding the learning path, care and used in nations need.
Service: The sense of service generates to everyone to use their talent and ability to advance in the area of their field for the society.
c) How to reach:
Nearest Rail Station: 7 km away from Manu Railway Station.
Nearest Airport: Agartala Airport (131 km away).
By Raod: Bus, Taxi, Maxx are available which are connected to city Agartala and Manu through NH-44.